Multi function pot, then puréed till clean, I like making this for a weeknight dinner, and it’s at all times on the menu once I’m internet hosting an Italian ceremonial dinner when there’s a vegetarian current.
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 100g butter
- 1 Parmesan rind
- 2 shallots, peeled and halved
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 sprig basil, leaves picked
- 350g dried pasta
- Parmesan or torn recent mozzarella, to serve
1. For the tomato sauce, add tomatoes, butter, Parmesan rind, shallots, and garlic to a medium saucepan.
2. Simmer on very low with the lid barely ajar for 45 minutes - 1 hour, till sauce has thickened barely and is shiny and flavourful.
3. Take away Parmesan rind, and use an immersion blender to mix till very clean. Style and season.
4. In the meantime, cook dinner pasta till al dente in loads of salted boiling water.
5. Add pasta and basil leaves to sauce, stir to include.
6. Serve topped with recent Mozzarella.
Tori Falzon is a educated chef and nutritionist turned recipe developer and social media supervisor. Below her model 'Into The Sauce', Tori shares her obsessively tried and examined recipes, offering inspiration for every little thing from weeknight meals to entertaining. Tori’s different abilities embody discovering hacks and effectivity in life and the kitchen, trend and magnificence, and discovering superb merchandise at the very best value. You'll be able to observe her on Instagram @intothesauce.
Function Picture: Instagram / @intothesauce.
Need to win $50? Take our survey now!