My grandma not too long ago knowledgeable me that peanut butter and egg sandwiches are extensively offered in Taiwan’s breakfast outlets. She even raved about how scrumptious they have been. Bewildered, I questioned this assertion: How may such seemingly contrasting flavors style good collectively? I used to be confirmed mistaken, nonetheless, the second I attempted it. The toasted bread and creamy peanut butter uniquely complemented the savory fried egg. We added grilled onions too, which introduced an additional hearty factor to the combination. In case you’re trying to attempt some unexpectedly tasty flavors, learn on for this straightforward recipe!
- 1 egg
- 2 slices of bread (I like to recommend crusty bread, reminiscent of sourdough)
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to style
- ½ onion, sliced (optionally available)
- Warmth 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan over medium warmth. As soon as it’s heated, crack an egg into the pan.
- Season the egg with salt and pepper. Flip it over to cook dinner it over-easy model and fry till desired crispiness is achieved. Take away the egg from the pan.
- With the identical pan, add the remaining oil. Add the sliced onions and season to style. Cook dinner over medium warmth till browned and translucent.
- Toast your bread, and unfold each slices with a beneficiant quantity of peanut butter.
- Construct your sandwich by including the egg to the bread. Add grilled onions, if desired, and luxuriate in!
This sandwich is a mixture of the final stuff you’d anticipate to style good collectively. I, too, was very skeptical at first. However for those who’re feeling adventurous, I encourage you to offer this a attempt. In any case, a few of the tastiest creations come from probably the most surprising mixtures.
Contact Kristie Lin at [email protected].