Chef Bobby Flay presents "Sunday Morning" viewers recipes for a summer time breakfast.
Frittata with Peppers and Onions with Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce
Serves: 4 to six
For the Cherry Tomato Sauce
1 pint cherry tomatoes
3 Tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
¼ cup chopped recent basil
1. Preheat oven to 375 levels F.
2. Toss the tomatoes, and garlic with the oil on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Roast within the oven, stirring sometimes, till cherry tomatoes are gentle and taste has concentrated, about half-hour. Take away to a bowl and stir within the basil.
For the Frittata
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 pink bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1 medium Spanish onion, halved and thinly sliced
Salt and freshly floor black pepper
8 massive eggs
1/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
1 tablespoon finely chopped recent oregano
¼ cup chopped recent flat leaf parsley
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Warmth the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high warmth. Add the peppers and onions, season with salt and pepper and prepare dinner till gentle, stirring sometimes, roughly 2-3 minutes.
3. Whisk collectively the eggs, parmesan and oregano till gentle and fluffy and season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg combination into the pan and stir with rubber spatula. Cook dinner for 4 to five minutes or till the egg combination has set on the underside and begins to arrange on high. Place the pan into oven and broil for 3 to 4 minutes, till evenly browned and fluffy.
4. Take away from pan and sprinkle the highest with parsley. Fastidiously slide the frittata onto a chopping board and reduce into wedges and high with a number of the sauce. Serve sizzling or at room temperature.
Home made Breakfast Sausage Patties
1 bay leaf
¼ teaspoon crushed pink chili flakes
3 Tablespoons finely chopped recent sage
1 teaspoon finely chopped recent thyme
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 lb. floor pork
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 ½ teaspoon coarsely floor freshly black pepper
1 Tablespoon canola
1. Utilizing a spice grinder, grind bay leaf and chili flakes to a high-quality powder. Add sage, powdered mustard, and nutmeg; pulse twice to mix.
2. Mix the spice combination with floor pork in a big bowl together with salt and pepper and blend together with your palms till the spices are evenly mixed all through the meat. Cowl and refrigerate for at the very least 1 hour (and as much as 12 hours) to permit the flavors to meld.
3. Kind the combination into 6 patties. Make a small despair within the middle of every patty together with your thumb and forefinger. (It will assist to maintain the patties flat as they prepare dinner.)
4. Warmth the oil forged iron skillet over medium-high till it begins to shimmer. Cook dinner the patties, till golden brown on all sides and simply cooked by means of, about 5 minutes per facet. Take away to a plate lined with paper towels.
Blackberry-Bourbon Iced Tea
Yield: About 1½ quarts
3 cups recent blackberries
¾ cups granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons chopped recent mint
1½ quarts chilly water
6 good high quality black tea baggage
Good high quality bourbon, resembling Woodford Reserve
Recent mint sprigs
1. Mix blackberries and sugar in a big bowl and mash with a potato masher or picket spoon.
2. Whereas the blackberries are macerating, carry the water to a boil in a medium saucepan, take away from the warmth, add the tea baggage and let steep for about 3 minutes. Take away the luggage and pour the tea over the blackberry combination. Let combination sit at room temperature for at the very least 1 hour for the flavors to meld.
3. Pour the combination by means of a strainer right into a pitcher, urgent on the solids, cowl, and refrigerate till chilly, at the very least two hours (or you may pour right into a bowl set inside an ice bathtub to chill the combination sooner). Serve over ice in tall glasses and float a shot of bourbon on high and garnish with plenty of recent mint sprigs (like a Mint Julep).
Extra recipes from Bobby Flay:
For more information: