WAUSAU, Wis. (WSAW) - This yr, resolve to skip the fad diets and concentrate on actual vitamin. Uncover the wholesome potato and the vitamin packed inside. With simply 110 energy and no fats in a medium-size potato, spuds are a nutritious and flavorful strategy to begin the New Yr. These scrumptious, versatile breakfast tacos pack a number of taste and balanced vitamin into an easy-to-prepare dish. Take pleasure in for breakfast, lunch or “brinner.” Who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner?
Chimichurri Potato Breakfast Tacos
- 1 lb. petite potatoes
- salt & pepper to style
- 4 massive eggs
- 8 corn tortillas 6″ dimension
- 1 1/2 cup contemporary spinach
- 1 ounce cojita or goat cheese crumbles
Primary chimichurri sauce:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. purple wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup Contemporary parsley packed
- 3 Tbsp. contemporary oregano
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. purple onion finely minced
- 1 tsp. purple chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp. coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Whereas oven is heating, wash and dry potatoes, then chop into 1/4″ cubes. Unfold in a single layer on a nonstick or ready baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper to style.
- Roast 10-12 minutes, then flip. Permit to roast one other 10-12 minutes till the potatoes are browned and crispy. If desired, change oven settings to broil for the final 3-4 minutes of roasting.
- In the meantime, gently whisk collectively the eggs and scramble in a non-stick or forged iron skillet till cooked to your desire. If desired, warmth tortillas within the heat skillet earlier than constructing the tacos.
- To construct the tacos: add the contemporary spinach, then layer the scrambled eggs and roasted potatoes on prime. Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of chimichurri sauce excessive of every taco, then sprinkle with cheese. One serving equals two tacos and one tablespoon of chimichurri sauce.
- Serve instantly.
Absolutely-loaded Nacho Potatoes
- 1 ½ lbs Dynamic Duo Little Potatoes
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 cups Habanero cheddar finely grated
- 1 Jalapeno pepper lower in half lengthwise (to make much less spicy, take away the seeds)
- ½ cup black olives thinly sliced
- 1 tomato finely diced
- ½ cup purple onion finely diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp cilantro chopped (optionally available)
- 1 cup bitter cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Boil Little Potatoes in evenly salted water for 15 to twenty minutes till tender. Drain and let cool barely.
- Utilizing a flat backside measuring cup or different utensil, gently smash potatoes to flatten barely.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, drizzle with half olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, fastidiously flip every potato and season once more with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake an extra 10 minutes.
- Take away from oven and generously layer with toppings, beginning with the cheese.
- Bake for ten minutes, then broil for 3 minutes.
- Place parchment on serving board. Squeeze lime juice on all of the potatoes. Garnish with avocado, chopped cilantro (if desired) and a aspect of bitter cream.
Copyright 2022 WSAW. All rights reserved.