Who says you may’t have a baked deal with for breakfast? Conventional sugary objects corresponding to donuts, muffins, and pancakes are scrumptious and well worth the splurge every so often. Nonetheless, they gained’t provide the sustained power it's worthwhile to get by way of these busy weekday mornings.
Luckily, once we heard about Valerie Bertinelli’s almond butter cookies — and realized they made the proper breakfast cookies — we knew we needed to unfold the phrase!
“This traditional cookie recipe hits the spot with a couple of up to date components I can really feel higher about, like heart-healthy almond butter and coconut sugar, which has a decrease glycemic index and extra pure fiber than refined white sugar,” Bertinelli writes, through Today.
Bertinelli also shares that these candy treats are crunchy on the skin and chewy within the center. Higher but, they bake in 10 minutes!
How you can Make Valerie Bertinelli’s Almond Butter Breakfast Cookies
To re-create Bertinelli’s almond butter cookies, right here’s what you’ll want:
- 1/2 cup crunchy almond butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon floor cinnamon
- Sea salt flakes for dusting (elective)
Listed below are the directions:
- Preheat oven to 375 levels Fahrenheit.
- Combine the almond butter, softened butter, and sugar in a bowl with a hand mixer till the components come collectively. Add flour, baking soda, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon. Beat till clean.
- Utilizing a 1-inch cookie or ice cream scoop, scoop dollops of the combination onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Press down every dough ball with a fork, simply sufficient to barely flatten. Sprinkle every ball with salt flakes, if desired.
- Bake for 4 to five minutes, then rotate the baking sheet within the oven to assist all of the cookies bake evenly. Bake for an extra 4 minutes till the cookies are golden brown.
To make this recipe extra filling, crumble up a cookie or two over a bowl of vanilla Greek yogurt and recent berries or sliced banana, should you need. Take pleasure in that scrumptious, guilt-free breakfast!
In search of different tasty breakfast concepts? Attempt these straightforward, three-ingredient peanut butter cookies.