I really like salads that mix candy and savory, crispy and crunchy – the extra selection in style and texture the higher! Right here’s a fast Asian slaw salad recipe that mixes all 4 of these style and textures.
You possibly can shred your individual vegetables or you may take the straightforward highway and simply purchase a package deal of broccoli slaw. The toasted noodles and almonds give it that crunchiness. This straightforward salad can be good with dried cranberries, too, so as to add much more sweetness.
Prep Time: quarter-hour
Cook dinner Time: 5 minutes
Whole Time: 20 minutes
- 1 bag (16 ounces) broccoli slaw with broccoli, cabbage and carrots OR 2 cups purple cabbage, shredded advantageous, 1 cup grated carrot and 1/2 a medium head inexperienced cabbage, shredded advantageous (about 4 to five cups)
Right here’s find out how to make it:
- Dump broccoli slaw (or separate slaw substances) into a big bowl. Put aside.
- Mix dressing substances in a salad dressing shaker or small glass jar. Shake nicely till substances are nicely blended. Put aside.
- To make topping, soften butter in a skillet and add noodles, almonds, sunflower seeds and brown sugar. Stir and blend till frivolously toasted. Don’t burn! Let cool and put aside.
- Simply earlier than serving, shake the dressing once more, pour it over the veggies and toss. Add crunchy topping and blend into the slaw.
Word: The topping received’t keep crunchy within the fridge, so until you’ll eat the entire salad at one meal, serve the topping on the facet. The slaw combination itself retains nicely within the fridge.
Need assistance changing cooking and baking measurements? Listed below are some helpful kitchen conversion charts.
Associated Merchandise on Amazon We Assume You Could Like:
30Second Cell, Inc. is a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites.