For the time-strapped and wallet-wary amongst us, we have got the answer to make all of your ceremonial dinner worries soften away! Shivi Rhamatour is the queen of the freezer and she or he's moving into the This Morning kitchen for the primary time with three straightforward concepts for a stress-free ceremonial dinner menu.
Spicy butter prawns
Serves 8 - 12
250g unsalted butter, at room temperature
Zest of two limes, plus a squeeze of the juice
2 tbsp sriracha (or 1 crimson chilli, deseeded and finely chopped)
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
Giant pinch of sea salt
Giant pinch of cracked black pepper
Per 2 butter cubes, use 300g prawns, prepared cookedServe with flatbread (recipe under)
1. Beat the butter in a bowl with a wood spoon till mild and fluffy. 2. Add the remaining elements and blend collectively till effectively mixed
2. Fill ice-cube trays with the butter, cowl and freeze till stable. As soon as the cubes are frozen stable, pop them out and switch to a labelled resealable freezer bag
3. When able to reheat with the prawns, place the butter dice straight right into a medium-hot frying pan on the hob, and when foaming add the prawns and stir by way of. Warmth by way of till the prawns are piping scorching then serve on high of flatbread.
Makes 8 - 12
400g self-raising flour, sifted, plus additional for dusting 400g yoghurt 1½ tsp baking powder 1 tsp floor cumin 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves Butter, for brushing
1. Put all of the elements, besides the butter, in a bowl together with a little bit salt and pepper and use a spoon to combine collectively, then deliver all of it collectively along with your arms.
2. Knead for a couple of minutes on a clear, flour-dusted floor then divide the dough into 8–10 balls and press into flatbreads in regards to the thickness of a £2 coin.
3. Place a griddle pan or a dry frying pan over a excessive warmth. Add a few flatbreads to the pan and prepare dinner for about 1 minute on all sides, till puffed and golden, or charred by the ridges of the griddle pan. Repeat with the remaining flatbreads, cooking in batches that match the pan. Brush half of the cooked flatbreads with a little bit butter, however depart the remainder unbuttered, for freezing.
4. Permit the unbuttered flatbreads to chill utterly, then put them right into a resealable freezer bag, separated by layers of baking parchment.
5. FREEZER TO TABLE: Brush every flatbread with a little bit butter, wrap in foil and put into an oven preheated to 200°C/180°C fan/Gasoline Mark 6 for about 10 minutes.
Chipotle pulled pork tacos
Serves 8 - 12
8 tbsp chipotle paste
4 tbsp cider vinegar
2 tbsp tomato purée
2.5kg skinless and boneless pork shoulder, slashed a couple of instances with a pointy knife 200g orange juice
2 tbsp honey
Serve with guacamole and pink pickled onions (recipes under) in tortilla wraps
1. Combine collectively 6 tablespoons of the chipotle paste with the cider vinegar and tomato purée. Therapeutic massage into the pork and, if doable, depart to marinate within the fridge in a single day.
2. If you find yourself able to prepare dinner the pork, preheat the oven to 150°C/130°C fan/Gasoline Mark 2.
3. Put the pork right into a deep-sided roasting tin, pour within the orange juice and canopy with a ‘tent’ of foil, guaranteeing that it's sealed on the edges of the dish however doesn’t really contact the pork. Bake within the oven for five–7 hours till the meat is falling aside. Verify to ensure it hasn’t dried out, topping up with a little bit extra orange juice if wanted.
4. Improve the warmth to 200°C/180°C fan/Gasoline Mark 6 and take away the foil. Brush with the honey and prepare dinner for an additional half-hour till crisp and sticky. Take away any fatty bits of meat, then use a fork to tug the pork aside. Combine by way of the remaining 2 tablespoons of chipotle paste, guaranteeing all of the juices coat the pulled meat. Season with salt and pepper to style.
5. Cool rapidly and utterly, then portion up (I like making ready parts of two) and put into labelled resealable freezer luggage. Lay flat to freeze, then ‘file’ upright.
6. To reheat from frozen, empty right into a lidded saucepan and place over a low-medium warmth, breaking it up because it defrosts. As soon as absolutely defrosted, add a splash of water, enhance the warmth and prepare dinner, stirring usually, till piping scorching by way of.
7. Serve in wraps, then high with guacamole and pickled pink onions (recipes under).
Straightforward freezy guacamole
3 avocados, flesh roughly mashed, seed eliminated
1 lime, juice solely
1 chilli, finely chopped, or snipped with scissors
¼ crimson onion, finely chopped
4 coriander sprigs, leaves solely, roughly chopped
Sprint of olive oil
2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
1. Combine collectively the mashed avocado, the lime juice, chilli, crimson onion, coriander sprigs and olive oil with seasoning to style.
2. To freeze, spoon into ice dice trays, then when frozen stable, decant right into a labelled resealable freezer bag.
3. To serve, defrost within the fridge, then combine within the tomato and modify seasoning, if needed.
Fast pink pickled onion
1 crimson onion, sliced thinly
2 limes, juice solely
1. Combine the onion and the lime together with a great pinch of sea salt, for 10 seconds or so, till all effectively mixed. Depart to steep and switch brilliant pink, an hour or so.
Frozen yoghurt bark
2 x 600g tubs Greek yoghurt
6 tbsp honey
2 tsp floor cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 giant handfuls of desiccated coconut
2 giant handfuls of darkish chocolate chips (or roughly chop darkish chocolate bar)
2 giant handfuls of frozen (or recent) berries
2 giant handfuls of chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts or hazelnuts are my favorite)
1. Combine all the things collectively, apart from the chocolate, berries and nuts.
2. Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Unfold the yoghurt combine on to the paper, to a thickness of about 1cm. Stud with the chocolate, berries and nuts.
3. Cowl the baking tray with foil and put into the freezer till agency, about 4–6 hours. Break into shards and retailer in a labelled resealable freezer bag.
4. FREEZER TO TABLE: Place the shards within the fridge to defrost and soften for simply a few minutes earlier than serving. (If unnoticed of the freezer for greater than 10 minutes, the bark will soften.)